This recipe is a delicious option for mothers who are breastfeeding. It helps keep your milk supply up and can aid in increasing your milk supply. Especially in those first few weeks when you need something quick to grab…most likely in the middle of the night!
Results will vary for everyone, however, the key ingredients (oats, brewers yeast, coconut oil and flax) work. They are the main ingredients used and recommended in various lactation cookies.
Makes: Approx. 20 cookies
Total Time: 45 minutes
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons brewers yeast
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips/chunks
You may also like to add: unsweetened flaked coconut, chopped almonds, 1 to 2 tablespoons of almond butter.
- Whisk together the oats, flour, yeast, flaxseed, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowel beat the butter and coconut oil until creamy. Then add sugar and further mix until combined and fluffy. Further add eggs and vanilla extract and combine.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix on a slow speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 – 14 minutes until golden. Let cool completely before storing.